It’s been a fair old while since I made cushion covers. I felt it was time for a refresh so ordered so fabulous designer dead stock viscose fabric.

I don’t have a special method for cushion covers.  I just cut out the fabric so it’s approximately right and add a zip.

As I was making 4, I cut out the fabric and pinned all the zips under careful supervision from Ernie.

I sewed the zips in, using a zipper foot on my sewing machine.  Then it’s just a case of sewing up the sides (remembering to leave the zip open so you can turn the cover the right way round!).

And so I now have a pile of new cushions!  Ernie kindly tested them for me.

They have brightened up the room.  It’s such a simple and inexpensive way to change things up a bit.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This